Thursday, December 27, 2012

Living Up to the Hype

Have you ever been critisized because you are a Christian? Do you stand tall and proclaim God's greatness to those who would love to knock you down? I don't.. I admit it.. for years I was a "secret" Christian. I believed in God.. but I chose to hide behind the world and "protect" my faith. I did not shout it out.. I did not stand for God. Which in a very real way meant I stood against Him..

I compartmentalize my life.. Work belongs at work, friends belong with friends, church belongs at church.. and my faith.. well it stayed right there at church. Not too long ago my youngest daughter and my mom and I were driving and I can not remember what we were discussing but my daughter, said.. "but that's not right. I have a personal day to day relationship with Jesus Christ" that has stayed with me. I hear her voice and I am so proud of her. Why should I be proud when she was discussing her faith with her Grandma? Well because I never would have. It was understood that I was allowed my faith but we didn't discuss it. I didn't "force" my opinion upon them and really it was just a "crutch" to be used by a weaker person. A lesser person. So when my daughter spoke up I was both humbled and awed!

Romans 1:16 (KJV)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV)

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them