Friday, February 3, 2012

A Moment of Peace

Something happened today that hurt me very deeply, well last night, and me being me I automatically started to lash out. I was quite pleased that I able to refrain from snarking at the people who had hurt me and was able to take joy, honest hoy in their accomplishment. BUT, it was hard! 


My Inner Voices kept popping up with malice wanting me to think unkind thoughts to feed the hurt and anger. Every time this happened I stopped and spoke with God. I told Him "I don't want to be this person. I don't want to think these thoughts. Please help me with my struggles." I will admit, I stopped often.


About mid morning, I found myself sitting in a waiting room at the Doctor's office (for a friend) and I pulled out my kindle. Now normally this means I will shortly be engrossed in some book or other. NOT TODAY!! Today I was compelled to open my Bible ap and did a search for forgiveness.. tangent, do you know the word forgive is only mentioned 89 times in the Bible.. at least the NASB version... Now, back on track.


The important part was as I was thumming through the selections that had the word forgiveness in it looking for something.. not sure what I was moved to stop at Ephesians 4: 11-32. I must have read verses 17-31 twenty times over and over again and most especially... vs 31-32

Ephesians 4:31-32

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. 

WOW.. just think.. 2000 years ago when St Paul wrote this letter, God knew I would need to read it today! Praise God! What a wonderful reason to rejoice.. God knew I would struggle with this for all of my life and today would finally come to Him with it.. I am so very blessed!

Shauni 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them