Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Reminder

I was very fortunate that my parents allowed me to attend a High School of my choosing.. Back way before magnet schools.. I asked to be transferred when I was a Sophomore and my parents graciously allowed me to attend Whittier Christian High School. Especially amazing as they were not and are not Christians.. and yet they allowed God's plans for me to happen..

One of the perks of attending WCHS is the fellowship I still recieve and since the advent of the internet and facebook we can be in as much contact as we choose. One of my friends posted this verse today.. and it spoke to me.. reminded me.. so I thought I would share with you all.

Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. "

Too often, we as Christians get caught up in the daily grind of keeping up with the Joneses.. and frankly we should ignore that desire and instead focus our goals on keeping up with God. Yes we can get all sorts of fancy stuff and show off to all our friends and neighbors but in the end what will that get us? Absolutely NOTHING.. no we obtain true treasures by serving God.. doing His work and sharing His word.. and God being great and all.. stores those treasures for us.. where no man can take them.

You know that is amazing.. when you think about it.. not only are we storing up treasures by serving God.. we are securing them. There will be no chance of them getting lost, or stolen or... letting go of the things of this earth is a hard struggle but one if learned a great relief..

Not too long ago I lost ALL my things.. and I mean everything.. pictures, baby books, kids artwork, EVERYTHING... it was horrid and sometimes I still grieve but if I truly listened to God and let go of wordly treasures I would understand that these things are just that things.. not of any true value or worth.. While I lost all my things.. God has cradled me and my children in His hands over and over again.. and that my friends is the true treasure..

Shauni

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for your life and to what He has done and is still doing in your life. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them