Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Will Recount Your Wondrous Deeds

 Today all I can think of is how often God takes care of those who proclaim His name. Yes, life is hard and even with those words the devil is attempting to sway my thoughts. Life is hard, people suffer, sometimes even those who have committed their lives to God.
  But by remaining true to God, there is peace. A joy in the life we are living.

Psalms 9: 1-4
1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
 3 My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause; you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.

Oh Wow! Think About this. When we stand righteous before God, when we praise Him most High. He stands with us and our enemies will fall. I don't mean our enemies in war rather our enemies in spirit. The bullies, the mean spirited, the gossips. Those that would tear you down.

But beware, it works both ways! You must stand righteous with God or you might find yourself the enemy being torn down. I know in my arrogance I have been torn down until I am once again humble before God. Sadly, more than once.

Psalms 9: 9-10
9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 
10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

There are those who swear that "religion" is a crutch. While I don't consider my faith a "religion", rather a relationship with God, I do see the point. God becomes the staff we can lean on when times are hard. Why wouldn't we take advantage of something that will hold us up when we are in jeopardy of falling? I am through being too proud of leaning on the shoulder that God is providing for me. His shoulders are broad and able and willing to bear my burton.

Shauni

*remember these are my thoughts on this verse and what I took away from my Bible study.. feel free to add yours to the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them