Friday, January 6, 2012

A Cab Ride and A Promise

I had to go to the bank yesterday.. and since I don't have a car I use a local Cab service when I am

A) to lazy to walk
B) in a hurry and don't want to take the bus
C) the bus doesn't go there..

Anyway I took the cab and when I got in the driver was listening to a wonderful sermon. I found it so inspiring.. It was about how we have troubles in our lives.. you know that age old question if "God is so good how come He....?" All I could think of was wow.. God promises us so much but one thing He has never promised us was an easy life. As a matter of fact.. he promises us the exact opposite..


John 16:33

New International Version (NIV)
   33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Right there Jesus tells us, life is not going to be easy.. We will have struggles  but more importantly he will be there with us. He offers us His peace the knowledge that those struggles have purpose.. That we need to be joyful.. be consoled.. yes to take heart! Because when push comes to shove Jesus has overcome the world.. what does that mean? Well it means that no matter how hard life is, no matter what evil abides beside us..that if we walk through the evil on the path that God has given us then we shall emerge victorious on the other side. That Jesus is the winner that yeah life may get us down but His triumph should bring us up. 

There is no reason for fear, there is no reason to give up.. "soldier on" (had to use that phrase, I just love it).. that there may be a battle coming but if you follow Jesus, the battle is already won! Wow, what soldier wouldn't love that type of victory.. going into battle knowing that he has already won? Well, brothers and sisters.. Jesus gave us that exact type of battle.. HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD . and I say REJOICE

Shauni 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them