Saturday, January 28, 2012

Prodigal Daughter

Yesterday I spoke of becoming the prodigal daughter.. how it wasn't one large leap of wickedness but rather a slow slide down that ever slippery slope. Today I want to talk about the fact that while I admit to this travesty.. that I admit to such acts of sin.. I do not have to dwell on them. I can confess my sins and relieved of the burden. That is one of God's most enduring graces..

All I had to do was confess my sin.. and God lifts the burden of my sins from me..
He tells us this in His book

1 John 1:8-9

New International Version (NIV)
 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

 Is that not just so grand? Now don't get me wrong this is not a license to sin.. rather a license to be forgiven our sins.. If we confess our sins.. that means if I confess my sins.. admit to fault God will forgive me.. Now when we confess our sins, our wrong doings, most of us do so with the intention of never doing so again. If we flippantly apologize with every intent to resume our actions then we are not sincere.. 


Now there are times when we repeat our offenses, over and over again.. is that the same? No, I don't believe so.. it's a habit and habits can be broken, behavior can be changed.. With God's Grace.. 


It is a day by day struggle.. no different than any other addiction.. and yes such behavior needs to be confessed, daily, hourly, however often you need to confess.. but with each confession the prayer for strength and guidance should also follow..


I am a sinner, I stumble I fall.. and I rejoice that God in His Grace forgives me such behavior..


Shauni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them