Monday, January 9, 2012

Memory Verse

This week's memory verse is especially compelling to me.. I think in many ways it addresses me deeply and directly...

for 1/5/12 through 1/18/2012:  Galatians 1:10 (We'll all use this New King James Version)
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

How often do we choose to please man? I know for a large part of my adult life I was so worried about pleasing the people around me that I literally lived in hell. I stayed in an abusive marriage and was petrified that someone would say I was a failure.. 
I hid my love of Christ from those in my community because I wanted their approval.. point in case they never approved of me so I ignored my God and didn't find favor with the individuals I thought to impress.. what a joke.. Had I served my God faithfully, I would have been happy in Christ and not bothered if it impressed others or not.. and yet I bet I would have impressed them.. Or not.. it wouldn't have mattered.

Why was there ever a question? Am I a servant of God or of man? Do I serve God? Or Man? Whom should I attempt to please?

Isn't it amazing how God's word touches us and teaches us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them