Monday, January 2, 2012

Memory Verses


I attend a small group for Bible Study, well I am a member of the small group, attendance has been a bit off but.. 

One of the things we do is week to week we have a memory verse. Remember memory verses? I used to love them For two reasons, first off it was always a competition for me even if no one else new it.. yeah I know I have serious issues. 

But more importantly it was a great way to really learn God's word.. As a child I of course didn't comprehend the importance of memory verses but throughout my life I have been grateful fro those diligent teachers, both Sunday School and HS Bible classes.. Those verses have sometimes saved my very sanity and very frequently helped me through some dark times.

Now as an adult, when you learn a Bible Verse you, in theory, should attach meaning to it. What does it mean to you? I am going to work on that. Both the learning of the verse but how it can apply to me. 

So this weeks verse is

through 1/4/2012: Galatians 1:3-5 (We'll all use this New King James Version)
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hmm, Grace to you and peace from God, so salutations.. hello, but more importantly hello and let God's grace flow over you and give you peace with your life. Remember Jesus gave his so that we could be saved and escape from the battles of this world. Yes we still have our struggles but Jesus died so that we may offer them up to Him and have peace in our daily walk..  That alone should be cause for glory!! and yet He promises us so much more..  

and here is a thought for the day... 

If nothing you do matters than what should matter is what you do..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them