Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Righteous Life

Do you find yourself trying to build yourself up by knocking someone else down? Trying to make yourself look like a worthwhile person all the while criticizing another? Do you know someone who does this? 


This is one flaw I have managed to escape.. but I know many people who bolster their self esteem this way. It is heart breaking to me to see it. Many of these people are talented, gifted, loving individuals who want nothing more than to be acknowledged for their accomplishments? That I understand.. I have a tendency to compliment others for their accomplishments then am felled by their lack of reciprocation. See, I don't need to drag someone down.. I do that enough on my own. I understand the need to scream, Here I am.. See me!! But I have to wonder why it bothers me so? 

Does it not serve me and others better to use what God has given me in the best way possible for no other reason than to serve God? Does not such behavior destroy links with God? Are they not destructive? Would it not be better to work towards living a life of righteousness for no other reason than THAT is what God asks of us? 

Hosea 10:12
12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD,
until he comes and showers his righteousness on you. 


What does this verse tell me and how does it apply to today's thoughts? Well it tells me.. Don't bother with accolades we are not here to please man but to live a righteous life and serve God. To represent God in a humble and honest manner.. and when the time is right HE will give you all the accolades you require. 

It always astounds me how God nurtures us, how His book shares that He is aware of our deepest secrets and inner needs.. He knows that there are people who thrive on attention and few who actually get it from man. He promises that His love will surround us and comfort us and yes offer us that very attention that we need.  That we will find great joy in living a righteous life, that we don't need to drag others down to make ourselves look better.. that God is always there.. ready to shine on us in His time..

Yes I know this is disjointed today.. but it is my thoughts from my heart.. hope it touches yours. 

Shauni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them