Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Using Your Gift to Serve God

It's an interesting conundrum many Christians face.. They are given an extraordinary talent then told by people in their lives, usually parents and teachers that they need to find something more practical to do with their lives. and maybe that is true but wouldn't we be better served if we also cultivated the talents God gave us?

I was a precocious child and was tested early for the gifted program.. labeled a creative genius all anyone ever focused on was the genius.. and that was truly everyone's mistake.. Yes I did well in school, passed with A's and B's got accepted into college.. but I never quite fit the mold.. I have previously announced on another blog that I am proud of being a square peg.. and instead of trying to force myself into round holes.. I am in search of square ones. But that has been a difficult road of discovery. The thing is I was basically told NOT to use the gifts that God gave me and focus on what was best for the world. I followed the advice of my eldars and have lead what can only be considered a life bordering on failure..

My failure was in not listening to God but man..

My verse today is

1 Peter 4:10-11
10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 

Would my life not have been richer, more fulfilled had I used my talents? Of course they needed to be used in Glory to God. I write.. I love to write and in many of my darkest hours I have heard God whisper write.. for years I ignored God's words.. then when I really started writing again it was of a questionable nature.. and that was just as much a travesty if not more than refusing to use my gifts all together.

I started my blogs as a means to write.. maybe not life saving, ground breaker stop the presses writing.. just my thoughts.. and gradually I have been able to use this format to share my faith. It took time to figure out how to do this.. but I am grateful for God's grace that He allows me the opportunity to stumble and fail and yet still serve Him

Shauni

2 comments:

  1. I understand your dilemma because I faced the same thing for a long time. Glad you realized that it's all about pleasing God and not other people. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me, like you're now headed in the right direction! Have you given much thought into ' The Differences Between The God Of The Bible And The God Of Churchianity ', yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them