Friday, September 6, 2013

Broken Pieces


Lately, I have been dealing with the fact that my entire life seems to be completely broken. For years I have shoved down my feelings, hurts, dreams, everything and just got along. Of course I totally failed at that. I mean we, as humans are supposed to grow, not stagnate..

Anyway, I have been dealing with it all.. a little late in the game, but you know the saying "Better Late than Never". Because I am dealing with it, I have good days and bad days. Days where I think, hey I am getting better.. and days where, well not so much. 

Today I was feeling a bit broken and went looking for pictures to use in my posts.. (I am doing a three blog series sort of). What I found amongst all of those pictures of broken things was a lot of great art using broken items. That got me to thinking.. Isn't that what God can do for me? I mean yes I am broken but isn't there a lot of "art" that I can still be used for? Can I not still be a vessel for Christ? 

Oh sure we all know that in our heads, from our teachings, but when the epiphany hits.. it's truly powerful. 

I am not a "good" Christian.. Sometimes I think I am a mockery of what a Christian can be.. and yet.. I firmly believe and always will that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and that I should always want to be more like Him. 

Since at best I can only be a reflection of what He is.. I have to accept that the broken pieces can reflect just as well as the whole ones. That my plans are just that plans.. but God's plans, well there is greatness in those.

1 Peter 5:10 (ESV)

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Now there's a thought.. instead of feeling broken and battered rejoice in the fact that you can be restored not by yourself.. but by God.. 

Shauni

1 comment:

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them