Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Live Like You Were Living..


This morning I was on Facebook and saw a post where one of my friend's hosues was Tp'd. That got me thinking about another friend, Diane. My partner in crime for those wonderful middle school years. 

Diane died of breast cancer a few years ago (or so I have been told, I seriously hope I am not passing out misinformation). Today's Tping post made me think.. Of Diane but it also made me think of the friends and family who have left us. Then I got to seriously thinking..

One of the things that always makes me guilty is this desire to not die...yet. I think about going home to Jesus and that is absolutely awesome.. but in a way it's still in concept form. I understand it, in theory but I haven't lived it yet. On the other hand I have lived life here on earth. 

I want to see my children grow, get married, have families.. you know have that long, rich and fulfilled life. But should I want that? Shouldn't I want to go home to Jesus? 

Of course that is a tricky one.. I mean we are supposed to rejoice in what we have.. give thanks for our day to day life. That means we can enjoy what we have here on earth. Honestly, if we were supposed to only live to die.. then what good would we be? 

Anyway.. as I was pondering all of this I found this verse..

Philippians 1:23-24 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.

Funny how God does that. Seriously, I don't ever remember this verse.. and today when I am questioning things it just pops up? Hmmmm. 

I guess the goal in life is not to Live Like You Were Dying but rather to Live Like You Were Living.. A Rich, Full, Complete life in Jesus and when it's time. When Jesus calls us home, we can finally discover the wonder that is heaven.

Shauni


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them