Thursday, September 5, 2013

Burdens


Life is full of burdens, everyday ones, big ones, little ones.. some we don't even see as burdens and yet they are.. 

We as humans have a tendency to shoulder our burdens and move on. Afte rall God would never give us more than we can handle, right? (btw, Hate that expression) I think by stating that we are making a mockery of some of what God has done for us. 

The very nature of Christianity is to lift your burdens to God and let Him help us carry it. To share the weight, so to speak. 

Psalm 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved .

If this is the case, why do we constantly try to carry our burdens alone. A shared burden is an easy burden.. and when we have God Himself to share our burdens with, why would we even want to carry them alone? 

Sheesh, we (and by we, I mean me) aren't too bright are we? 

I have this tendency to carry the weight of the world.. not only being accountable for my mistakes, sins, flaws.. but others as well. So double whammy on me. It isn't always pride that keeps me from asking God for help, in fact it rarely is. Most of the time it's shame.. Why did I let this burden get so heavy? How can I ask God to help me now, when I don't go to him when the burdens were small and manageable? What kind of Child of Christ am I...

So of course I allow the burdens to get heavier and heavier.. until finally I collapse. This time, my collapse was colossal and I am a wreck, physically, spiritually, mentally.. you name it.. total and complete collapse. Is this what it takes for me to turn to God? 

Scary isn't it that even now, I tend to "take care" of things.. and not lean on the one Being that could ease my burden. Not take it away.. no, this is the path I am on, but ease the burden so I won't be so weary on my journey.. 

I have so much still to learn

Shauni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them