Monday, September 9, 2013

Walking in God's Counsel


Psalm 1:1, 3-4 ((ESV))

1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;

How Can I apply that to myself? Where do I walk? From whom do seek my counsel?

I walk in shadows not hiding in the dark. I find that I compartmentalize my faith. I protect it, keep it huddled in the corner. Not because I am ashamed but because I am afraid. Afraid of those who will mock me. Afraid of those who will judge me. And yes afraid of those who will find my faith lacking. 

  So I walk not in the counsel of the Lord but rather in the counsel of the wicked. Those whom I have given power to knock me down. 

  But there is more to this verse it also says "nor sits in the seat of scoffers" think about that. When you sit at the seat of scoffers you become a scoffer. You can't help it your are surrounded by people making mockery of others. The unjust, the wicked... if you don't walk in God's word - gird your self for battle, using all the tools available you walk in Shadows.

  Shadows are not the light! So you can say you don't walk in darkness but you deceive yourself. I know... I do.

3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
4. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

   So basically, when you walk with God your talents grow, expand bear fruit. You live a fulfilled life. But when you walk with the wicked, your talents are scattered your focus is lost. You remain afloat with no comfort. 

  Interesting isn't it how you can open your Bible and find a solution to your prayers? 

  I have been searching, seeking, looking for a way to use my talents. I know I have been blessed with them but constantly get distracted, blown in the wind. 

  Why? Because I have not been walking with God. Rather with teh wicked, my goals got twisted. Now it's time to stop living in the shadows and walk in the light.

Shauni

Bear with me on my thoughts and interpretations . I am not learned in the word.. just a simple woman who seeks God's guidance and has this need to voice those thoughts.. feel free to share your opinions..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share your thoughts, I welcome them